- Net sales amounted to SEK 8,165 million (5,733).
- Operating profit before depreciation, amortisation and impairment amounted to SEK 2,298 million (903).
- Operating profit totalled SEK 1,974 million (547).
- The operating margin was 24 percent (10).
- Cash flow after investments was a positive SEK 1,344 million (neg: 43).
Strong first‑quarter result
In the first quarter of 2022, demand for forest products was favourable and prices continued to rise for our core ranges. Our sales amounted to SEK 8.2 billion and operating profit was almost SEK 2 billion, representing an operating marginof 24 percent.
The result reflects the high demand for sustainable forest products combined with global shortages in timber supplies following the sanctions against Russia. Södra’s mills delivered high quality, and higher volumes of pulp and sawn timber year‑on‑year. These factors combined led to a strong result for the first quarter.
Legal Notice: Paper Advance is not responsible for the accuracy or availability of content on external websites.