São Paulo, August 8, 2019. Suzano S.A. (B3:SUZB3 | NYSE: SUZ), one of the world’s largest pulp and integrated paper producers, today announces its consolidated results for the second quarter of 2019 (2Q19).
Comparison data with 2018 (2Q18, 6M18 and LTM4) represent the simple sum or weighted average of Suzano + Fibria.
- Pulp sales of 2,214 thousand tons, up 28% from 1Q19.
- Paper sales of 301 thousand tons, up 10% from 1Q19.
- Adjusted EBITDA¹ and Operating Cash Generation²: R$3.1 billion and R$2.2 billion, respectively.
- Adjusted EBITDA¹/ton of pulp of R$1,305/ton (-12% vs. 1Q19).
- Adjusted EBITDA/ton of paper of R$1,219/ton (+15% vs. 1Q19).
- Average net price of paper of R$4,030/ton (+1% vs. 1Q19).
- Pulp cash cost of R$ 733/ton, or R$ 697/ton ex-downtimes.
- Reduction in estimated Capex for 2019 from R$ 6.4 billion to R$ 5.9 billion.
- Capture of synergies in line with the target for 2019 (40% in Dec. 19).
- Deliberation and payment of minimum mandatory dividends in the amount of R$ 600 million.