Stronger sales, inventory drawdown and cash flow generation
Suzano S.A. (B3:SUZB5 | NYSE: SUZ), one of the world’s largest integrated pulp and paper producers, announces today its consolidated results for the third quarter of 2019 (3Q19). Data for the comparison periods of 2018 (3Q18, 9M18 and LTM6) are based on the simple sum or weighted average, when applicable, of Suzano + Fibria.
- Pulp inventory drawdown of approximately 450 thousand tons.
- Pulp sales of 2,549 thousand tons, up 15% vs. 2Q19.
- Paper sales of 313 thousand tons, up 4% vs. 2Q19.
- Adjusted EBITDA¹ and Operating Cash Generation² of R$2.4 billion and R$1.5 billion, respectively.
- Adjusted EBITDA¹/ton4 of pulp of R$857/ton (-34% vs. 2Q19).
- Adjusted EBITDA/ton5 of paper of R$1,229/ton (+3% vs. 2Q19).
- Average net pulp price – exports price: US$526/t (-17% vs. 2Q19).
- Average net paper price5 of R$4,024/ton (stable in relation to 2Q19).
- Pulp cash cost of R$717/t, or R$654/t ex-downtimes.
- Capture of synergies in line with target for 2019 (40% as of Dec. 2019).