November 22, 2023, 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
This event is online only. A Zoom link will be provided after you complete the registration form below.
ABOUT THE EVENT
Industries and consumer markets are now facing the need to move towards sustainable packaging solutions. Innovations in fibre-based packaging will play a key role by being both circular and compostable. New formulations, enhanced fiber proprieties, alternative feedstock are among these innovations. The UBC BioProducts Institute and Innofibre, Canadian leaders in fibre-based products research and development, invite you to learn about the latest advances and challenges in this rapidly growing area.
- Introductions to InnoFibre and BPI
- Properties of papers for packaging applications - Dr. Wendy Rodriguez Castellanos, InnoFibre
- Colloidal soup : Effects/roles of nanocellulose - Dr. Orlando Rojas, UBC
- Challenges for large scale use of nanocellulose in packaging - Dr. Maricelly Martinez Aguilar, InnoFibre
- Advanced functionalization of cellulose - Dr. Feng Jiang, UBC
Registration link: https://bpi.ubc.ca/events/innofibre-bpi-webinar-1