The Reel-Jettm system provides the highest turn up efficiency in the marketand significantly reduces spool loss.
The Reel-Jettm water jet turn up system can operate jointly with conventional air goosenecks, tape turn ups, and air assisted on level rail turn up systems, making the Reel-Jettm the most flexible water jet multi mode turn ups.
There are various possible turn up methods with the Reel-Jettm system.
- Cross cutting, chevron tip creation (cutting nozzles cross one another)
- On level rail turn-up
- Pulper turn-up (following a sheet break)
- Parallel cutting for light hygiene grades (no cross of cutting nozzles)
- Parallel cutting for heavier publication/board grades (no cross of cutting nozzles), with possible auxiliary water-jet slasher
- Patented X-Cut profile to eliminate flying paper on parent roll
- Reliable process performance
- Process not affected by paper machine speed or basis weight
- Symmetrical turn-up reduces spool loss
- Minimized parent roll loose / flying paper
- Stainless steel cross-machine beam with timing belts and tracks for carriages
- Powerful servo motor for high-speed and accurate position control
- Hose guiding and tensioning system for extended lifespan
- Use of water-soluble and fully repulpable sealant that does not leave glue or paper residue on the spool