FPInnovations had a strong presence at PaperWeek Canada 2023 which took place from February 6 to 10.
In addition to chairing six sessions, FPInnovations’ experts shared their expertise through presentations on a wide range of topics including BioKraft, decarbonization, kraft pulping, lignin applications, packaging, and tissue.
Michael Paleologou helped organize the BIOFOR conference, chaired the BIOFOR panel on “The Future Bioproduct Kraft Mill,” and chaired the “Lignin Products” and “Lignin Production & Characterization” sessions. Xuejun Zou coordinated four tissue sessions and chaired the session on “Pulp Furnish for Tissue – Fibre Enhancement & Sustainability,” while Talat Mahmood and Frederic Parent chaired the “Environment” and “Advances in Papermaking Technology & New Grade Development – II” sessions, respectively.
View the following presentations through FPInnovations’ online library portal:
- “BioKraft” – Enrique Mateos Espejel
- “Fibre Morphology of Different Softwood Species and Their Impact on Kraft Pulping and Paper” – Theodore Radiotis, George Sacciadis, Xuejun Zou
- “FPInnovations’ Successful Experience in the BioAlliance: From Lignin to PU Foams” – Michael Paleologou, Adil Mazar
- “Kraft Lignin in Road Construction: A Canadian Perspective” – Natacha Mongeau
- “Lime Kiln Fuel Switching- the Canadian context” – Kurt Woytiuk
- “Non-wood Pulp – Supply and Availability” – Xuejun Zou
PaperWeek Canada is the flagship conference of the Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada (PAPTAC), and this year welcomed over 950 participants including 746 mill representatives. As with the previous two years, this year’s conference took place on the Microsoft Teams platform, facilitating the sharing of knowledge between experts and participants from around the world. “PaperWeek Canada 2023 was an important event for the pulp & paper industry to discuss the new opportunities created by the move towards low carbon and bioeconomy. FPInnovations was happy to be an active participant and share its R&D activities,” according to Xuejun Zou, manager of the BioKraft Group and Products & Services at FPInnovations.
For more information about PaperWeek Canada 2023, visit the conference website.